I’m watching Julie and Julia, (well I was until my husband came home and changed it to the Oregon ducks game).What a terrific movie about a young woman’s life who decides she is going to cook an entire cookbook of Julia Child’s in 365 days! What a concept! Can you imagine dedicating yourself to something totally new to you…. like cooking everyday? I just got an idea! What if I do 365 days of yoga moves? I could learn 1 new position a day and add-on to each position each day! I totally think I’m onto something! My passion is writing…and getting better. My doctor is encouraging yoga to help with my mental health. She said to me “If you don’t take care of you, you can’t take care of anyone else.” How true is that? So seriously, 1 yoga move a day for like what 6 months…. a year? How interesting would that be? Be mind, body and spirit for a few minutes each day. I wonder if I could do it. I wonder if I could commit to anything that long. I think as of now in my life I am coming up on a bunch of commitment firsts…here is a colorful list….
1. Been married for 6 years and 3 months…(I can’t believe he’s put up with me that long….seriously)…
2. I have kept TWO kids ALIVE so far! Shocking, to some, I know…..
3. I have 2 dogs, and 2 cats who are also alive!….I killed my bird 7 years ago BY ACCIDENT! He was this really cool finch my son found outside, like tiny baby. Still had its down feathers. Oh I loved Mr. Dicky!
4. I have managed to contribute in paying a mortgage. I feel like a real adult.
5. I have TEENAGERS….I think that also makes me an adult.
I’m 37. I don’t necessarily FEEL like an adult. I feel like this awkward teenager who is suddenly became an adult with two teen children, 2 dogs, 2 cats, only ONE dead bird and a husband of 6 years.
Does anyone else feel like adulthood got thrown on them? LITERALLY!!!??